There’s nothing attractive about dry skin, and things get worse once it gets scally and irritated. If body lotions and butters don’t work, we’re forced to use special creams and ointments. Nothing helps, right?
Skin dries out instantly, both in hot and cold weather. Wind makes it worse, and so does hot air. Most women reach for solutions packed with toxins. But, these clog pores, and your skin resembles a cucumber.
Have you ever considered using essential oils and coconut oil?
Coconut oil provides tons of benefits, and it does wonders for your skin. It doesn’t cause breakouts, and is more effective than anything you will ever use on your skin.
A tiny drop of coconut oil can make your skin flawless. This is one of the reasons for you to use coconut oil more often. Stay away from over-the-counter medications and creams.
Essential oils are great, too. These soothe and heal your skin. Essential oils improve skin complexion, and work well when combined with coconut oil. You will never ever use anything else again. It’s a promise.
So, our recipe uses photosensitive essential oils. ‘Photosensitive’ describes the product’s ability to react in the sun.
Use this body butter overnight, and wash it off in the morning. It’s your new night-time routine. This creamy butter is super moisturizing.
Citrus night time body butter
- 1 cup of organic coconut oil
- 4-5 drops of orange essential oil
- 4-5 drops of lemon essential oil
- Zest of ½ organic orange
- Zest of ½ organic lemon
- Zest of ½ organic lime
- Warm up the coconut oil, and transfer it to a bowl to dissolve any lumps. Stir in the zest.
- Add the essential oils, and stir until well combined. But, first, you may want to check the temperature of the oil. Don’t add the essential oils if it is too hot. Put the bowl in your fridge so the content can become solid.
- Blend the mixture and whip until fluffy. You should be happy with the consistency. There you go, your body butter is ready. Transfer it in a jar, and keep it in a cool place.
Apply the butter on your skin before bedtime. It will keep your skin smooth, silky, moisturized and fresh.
Source: Daily Health Keeper